Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rejuvination

The hubs and I had a date night Friday night, and oh man what is good.  Leland had a good time playing with Ella and Lucy (the girls I watched all summer) and Jeff and I enjoyed a delicious meal and a bottle of wine.

Leland didn't cry when I left and he barely paid attention to me when I said good bye.  I think he was really happy to see those girls again.  Chuck even said Leland yelled Ella's name at some point, which does not surprise me.  When I told him we where going to Ella and Lucy's he got so excited to go outside that he kind of had a fit when I made him put his shoes on.  I guess we need to see them more often for his sake.

But dinner... it is amazing what a couple of hours kid free can do for your mental health.  Wine helps too, and Spanish meatballs.

We didn't even talk about Leland which was wonderful.  I feel like I talk about him all the time.  Enough is enough sometimes.  The one time he came up I referred to him as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, geeky but totally necessary. 

We biked to the restaurant since it was close and so we could drink a bit more while still being responsible.  It was wonderful.  The weather was perfect.  We ate outside.  Nights like that remind me of college nights: hanging with friends, late nights, bike rides, drinking.  It is still there fresh in my mind.  While I don't miss it, it is good to remember and have flashbacks of it.  I don't miss it because life right now is really good, and the little man is really sweet.

Leland was pretty excited to see me, and that always makes a momma heart melt.  I am glad to have the little guy and be with him most of the time, but every once in a while it is good to get away too.  I really need to be better about getting out once in a while.  Hopefully we can be better about it in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment