I cannot believe it that time of year already. And I am already done with my shopping. Say what!? I totally got ahead of things this year and I am already done! Woohoo!
Now we need to get a family photo taken so I can make some Christmas cards, I am hoping to have this done over Thanksgiving. Hopefully a family member will be willing to help us out and do this for us.
I saw this Christmas survey and had to participate. It comes from Sarah over at Nurse Loves Farmer
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I have never tried egg nog, but the idea grosses me out.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Growing up Santa left them unwrapped, I have still yet to decide on this.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I can go either way, but I like a single color overall.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime after Thanksgiving, usually once it is December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hard to say, probably all the cookies!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Always getting to do Christmas early in St. Joe. My grandpa lived in St. Joe, but my aunt and uncle live in Illinois, we would always do Christmas early to work around their schedules and when they were able to travel back. It was always wonderful as a kid getting to open presents a couple weeks early.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Sometime in elementary school, like 4th or 5th grade. I was a believer.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, we wait until Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our current tree is like two feet tall, not much decorating needed, but we do have Chiefs colored ornaments. I am thinking about getting a bigger tree this year, once all that stuff goes on sale after Christmas of course.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love/hate. Love it, but it makes me not want to leave the house.
12. Can you ice skate? This hasn't happened in years, but maybe.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Last year our camera was a gift, it has been wonderful!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing family and eating/making good food. I am really excited to watch Leland enjoy Christmas as he gets older.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Fudge, frosted sugar cookies, molasses cookies, chocolate crinkles. Any cookie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Um I don't know, I feel every year things change. We will definitely have to start some this year though.
17. What tops your tree? I don't think anything did last year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I could go either way. Not a big fan.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Movie? It's A Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown, old style Rudolph.
21. What is your favorite Christmas song? So This Is Christmas, but I love many others too.