Thursday, November 18, 2010

18 weeks

I cannot believe that I am only two weeks away from being halfway through this pregnancy.  It is kind of crazy to think how fast time has gone by and how much I have to do before April.
My regular clothes still fit, I just cannot wear a belt with my jeans anymore, but they still fit.  My biggest cravings lately have been meat and salads, which makes me think it may be a boy according to old wives tales.  The bump is starting to look more and more like a baby bump and not just extra flab.  I am starting to feel some movement which is exciting, it is not very consistent but it is there.

On Monday we had our monthly checkup and everything was good as usual.  I gained 4 pounds, which is right on track with what I should be gaining, so I have gained a total of 5 pounds.  We heard the heartbeat, it was at 160 bpm.  And my uterus is up to my belly button, right where it should be.  We scheduled the 20 week ultrasound, which is only two weeks away!  I am excited to see the baby moving around and measuring on track. 

And now I am slowly starting to acquire baby items and clean out the guest room to make room for all the baby items.  That room will be completely transformed soon.  So sorry guest but if you stay with us you will have to sleep on a couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment