Friday, March 8, 2013

Thank you literature


Books have been saving me lately.  I am getting completely lost and absorbed in books.  I don't know if  the books are actually that good or I just need an outlet.  I am finally okay with fiction again after a brutal trial of reading that one John Irving book.  It was so blah, boring, uninteresting- I finally had to stop reading so I didn't think badly of his writing because I really do love his books.  I also had a hard time picking up another fiction book right away after trying to read it.

Here are the books I have read recently :

Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Signs of Life: A Memoir by Natalie Taylor

Some people fall to music during hard times, Jeff is like that.  Music can help me (mainly Dave Matthews)  but not nearly as well as books.  I have never considered myself a music person and often when I am a bit down and listen to music it doesn't really help.  Sometimes it just makes the situation worse, but books are different.  They may be depressing at times but somehow always help me get out of the fog in the end.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way. Books are my therapy and my excape. Always have been. Glad you've found your comfort.

    ReplyDelete