Monday, March 11, 2013

It's official...

Happy about his mango snack, with a cat photo bomb

Leland is weaned.  So after I posted that post about weaning, he of course asked for milk that night.  So I let him have some, but after the miscarriage and everything I couldn't do it.  I just needed my body to myself.  He was obviously ready with skipping days here and there.  So now when he asks for it (mainly at night) I say let's cuddle instead, and he is okay with it.

It is kind of crazy not having that attachment anymore after 22 months of it plus the 9 months I was pregnant with him.  But I am not upset about it, it is just weird not having that anymore.

I also went out and got two new bras, like real bras.  I had not worn since I was pregnant with Leland, crazy, but oh so nice to finally wear one.  My profile looks very different when there is a bra under my shirt instead of a nursing tank.  Those nursing tanks are very comfortable but it would nice to have a break from them for a bit.  It is kind of like wearing maternity clothes at the end of pregnancy.  They are comfortable and whatnot but it gets old having to wear the same three shirts everyday, and I only had a few nursing tanks.

Funny side note: I have never given Leland cow's milk, since I nursed him for so long I never felt like he needed it.  With his belly, I think it proves that he didn't need it nutritionally.  So the other day he was been really fussy and whiny and I thought, maybe he just hasn't had enough fat/calories that day.  I tried to give him a drink of milk and the look on his face was priceless.  He was so grossed out and started crying with it still in his mouth, so we won't be trying that again anytime soon.


3 comments:

  1. congrats on nursing such a long time!!!! what an awesome accomplishment!

    the part about his crying about the cow's milk brought a tear to my eye, LOL. p.s. my sister and i never drank cow's milk and we survived! [lactose intolerant].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I am not worried about him not drinking cow's milk. I am actually kind of happy about it because it is much cheaper to not buy cow's milk all the time and I know he isn't filling up on it.

      Delete
  2. Haha! Evie hated cows milk too -- even now she's picky about it. She will only drink organic. I think because it tastes better.

    ReplyDelete