Thursday, October 11, 2012
My thoughts on sleep
Leland sleeps in our bed at night and I am totally okay with that and here is why:
- I don't think he should have to sleep alone if he doesn't want to because I don't like sleeping alone. Why should a baby be forced to sleep alone because it is 'normal' when we as parents most likely prefer to sleep in the same bed as our spouse?
- I know this won't last forever. Soon enough he will be over the momma phase and will be wanting his own space, so why not enjoy it?
- He still nurses as night and it is easier for me when he sleeps in our bed, meaning I don't have to get out of bed until morning.
- It is so incredibly sweet when he snuggles against me at night and then tries to push us out of bed (we need to get a bigger bed).
- He doesn't like have a cover on him, but since he sleeps between us I don't worry about him getting cold.
- In the morning if I don't get up right away it works out well, he just gets out of bed and goes to play ( our mattress is on the floor)
- Turns out, I prefer the mattress on the floor, who knew?
But with that, I understand why you wouldn't want to bed share, totally understandable.
But I love it and I wouldn't change it for anything.