Thursday, February 3, 2011

29 weeks


This week I had another midwife appointment.  I had to take the gestational diabetes test, and it was gross and as long as I don't get a phone call from them I am in the clear.  Everything is measuring as it should and the midwife thought that the baby was already head down, which is nice to hear.  One of my big fears is having a breech kid and then having to try and turn it or not being able to and having to have a c-section.  Which would mean an epidural, which is what I am really afraid of.  Yes, I am not afraid of labor pain, but an epidural.  I am also glad that I am measuring on track and not any larger.  I really want this kid to be late, like a week late or later.  I just really dread it coming early.  It would just really make getting school stuff done early even more challenging.



Still gaining weight, blood pressure is still good.  And the appointments every two weeks continue.  Having appointments so frequent definitely speeds up time.  I have decided to stop working when I will be about 36 weeks, in hopes that this will allow for enough time to finish school items.  Again this baby needs to set up and nice and comfy home in my uterus until well past April 20th.  Please, please, please.

But I am trying to stay on top of all my school items and get ahead, so far so good.  I just need to keep up with it, and environmental chemistry is exhausting.  I really just don't have an interest in chemistry.  Some of the stuff is interesting but overall I would rather not have to deal with the class.  But I guess it is a challenge.  This whole semester is more challenging than last, more work for sure.

The baby is getting more and more active.  The other night I woke up and it was moving, kicking, punching me for a good 15 minutes or so.  It is great that it is so active, I just wish I wasn't woken up by its activity at 2:30 in the morning and then kept awake by it. I am also feel more pressure from it.  Like it just want to stretch outward.  It feels weird enough that I check to see if it is a contraction, but usually it isn't.  It is just putting pressure on me in a weird way, but I have started to have some Braxton Hicks infrequently.  Which is fine as long as the real deal happens no earlier than April 20th. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh you will know if its a contraction or not. If the baby is anything like you he/she will come right on time :)

    ReplyDelete