Thursday, July 8, 2010

Twilight Saga

Sadly I am a Twilight fan, pathetic I know.  But it just happened.  So many people kept talking about the series and I thought I heard enough, that it wasn't my thing.  So I avoided it, talked bad about it, looked down on it, etc.  But then for some reason I was like, why not?  So I got the first book and OMG I became addicted.  It doesn't help that I have a thing for series.

I wasn't one of those girls that fell in love with Edward because honestly I really liked Bella.  For some reason I related to Bella and her conflicts.  I agree with some that think Edward is a bit creepy, a bit much.  As I read the books my favorite character kept being Bella.  Edward was overbearing and Jacob was annoying.  So after I read the third book, Eclipse, I had to desperately rush to the book store to buy Breaking Dawn and find out what happened. 

And no the writing is not good, but I liked the story and I became addicted to it.  That is usually what happens with books, I become obsessed with finding out what happens, how the author writes the ending.  And if it is really good I get really caught up in the characters and story, so much that I feel like I am there.  All I can think about is the story, the characters, what is happening in their lives and what happens after the book. 

So when the third movie came out this past weekend, I wanted to go see it.  The first two I Netflixed and watched at home alone.  But I didn't want to wait a few more months to watch it, when everyone is talking about it now.  And I really didn't want to go to a movie theater by myself.  In comes Jeffy, I had to beg him.  Like really beg, and he went because he is a good husband but he hated it.  He had this annoyed look the whole time and was in a bit of a mood afterward.  I am still glad I got to see it, the acting isn't great but I love seeing what happens, not just reading.  I have all these images going on in my head while reading, that seeing them in play out is great.  So I enjoyed the movie, it wasn't a great movie but I still liked it. 

1 comment:

  1. I also had to do some pleading for Scott to go with me. I agree the actors are not that good but I still liked the movie. I'm interested in seeing what they do with Breaking Dawn.

    ReplyDelete