Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Postpartum

One week after Leland was born and I can fit into my regular jeans!  They are a tight and I have a bit of a muffin top but they fit.  So I packed up all my maternity clothes and I am very glad to be rid of them.  I have not idea how much weight I am down because we don't have a scale here.  I will just have to wait until my 6 week check-up with the midwife. 
I feel like my hormones are starting to balance out, I haven't had a random crying episode in the past couple of days.  My milk is starting to get balanced out, engorgement has gone away for the most part.  And each day I feel better physically.  I have started doing some sit ups and other simple exercises to start slowly getting back into shape.  The main things that need work are my upper thighs, butt and abs (of course). 
I am trying to remember to take a picture of Leo everyday so I can remember how he looked each day and can look back on how much he has grown. 
Today we had a big outing with going to get his birth certificate, going to Target and to Vitamin Cottage.  He did really well, and slept most of the time.  We did have a feeding and diaper change in Target parking lot but he didn't seem to mind.  Every time we go out it gets easier and easier.  We probably won't go out again until Friday for his two week appointment, I am excited to see how much he has grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment