Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oil Spill

I am sure by now everyone has heard of the major oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.  I feel like it is just going to keep getting worse for a while before it can get any where near better.  All of this just makes me dislike big corporations and technology even more.  Instead of actually trying to fix the situation, BP is in a blame game amongst each other.  It is just disgusting.  I feel terrible for the wildlife and plant life that is going to be harmed by this oil spill.  And now the beaches that will have oil on them, when most of these communities depend on tourism from the beaches.

 From greenexpander.com

I have been keeping updated about all of this with TreeHugger.  Yesterday I saw an article about the steps they take to clean oil of animals, it is pretty interesting.  I find it interesting that the birds think they are being eaten, so the cleaners have to work as fast as they can.  Here is the link to watch the videos.  http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/05/how-to-clean-oil-covered-bird.php

No comments:

Post a Comment