Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kitchen Creativity

Each week when I make up a new shopping list for meals, I always try to have different recipes.  No same recipes two weeks in a row or even three.  This way I am hopefully trying new recipes or at least mixing it up and not eating spaghetti every week because that is just boring and not a well-rounded diet.  I have been trying to mix it up to get a big variety in my diet lately and part of that is not using the same recipes over and over again.

Anyway, to the point.   When trying to be creative in the kitchen I feel it flows the most when I don't have a recipe already planned to use but I am hungry and need to eat something.  Times like these, when I begin searching and scanning what my options are and then deciding what to eat, are when I feel most creative in the kitchen.  I don't have anything follow I just having to decide what is going to be good out of leftover ingredeints. 

This week for lunch one day I had one of these moments and this is what I came up with.
 
It is a toasted sandwich with tomato sauce, melted cheddar, baby spinach and spices.  
And it was quite tasty and I was very pleased with my self for coming up with it.  I oringinally was just going to make a plain ol' grilled cheese but say the tomato sauce and figured why not.  Overall I think it was a success and need to push myself to be more creative in the kitchen.

Happy Eating, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment