Just look at them, they even look tasty. Anyway, here is the recipe.
Makes 12 servings
|1||cup rolled oats|
|1||cup whole wheat flour|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|1||tablespoon cinnamon (or more, if you like)|
|1/3||cup applesauce (no sugar added!)|
|1||apple (make sure it's baking safe) I use Pink Lady|
|1/4||cup walnuts, chopped into chunks|
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice your apple so it's ready to be put in (I like 1/2" chunks).
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients (oats through sugar) in a large bowl.
- Mix the mashed banana, applesauce, and soymilk (I do the banana and applesauce first, then kind of whip in the soymilk).
- Mix the wet into the dry and toss in the nuts and apples (quickly!)
- The batter should be rising, very fluffy and wet. Scoop it into a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, but try to take out as soon as they look done (over cooking makes them a little bit harder, but still just as tasty).
- Cool If you let them cool before you eat one, they're much easier to get out of the pan.
Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/apple-oatmeal-whole-wheat-muffin-recipe-r1324#ixzz0hMDBHWOj
I also added some ground flax meal to make it a little more healthier.